How many people do you say “I love you” too? Is one of them looking back at you in the mirror? #selflove #mefirst
Love someone, faults & all, is easy. Love ourselves, faults & all, can take more work – be kind to yourself today. #SelfLove #MeFirst
Happy Mother’s Day to all of the Mothers out there.
I’m fortunate to have my mother in my life.
She has been a guide, supporter, teacher, and cheerleader.
Don’t get me wrong, we’ve had our moments and disagreement, alright arguments
and I know she isn’t perfect, but I wouldn’t want her to be.
She has shown me what unconditional love looks and feels like.
She also gave me the best gift of all, Life! Thanks, Mom, Love you
First and foremost, Happy Cinco de Mayo.
While many American make the mistake of thinking May 5th is about Mexican Independence, which is actually September 16th. Cinco de Mayo is a commemoration of the Mexican Army’s surprising victory at the Battle of Puebla over invading French forces.
Even though it’s not celebrating Mexico’s Independence, Cinco de Mayo is still a great reason to listen to a Mariachi and drink a margarita.
Don’t know how to make a margarita here is a quick recipe, Compliments of recipes.com . Enjoy!
I’ve held off for as long as I could on the whole “bathroom” issue at Target.
I was reading an article, this morning that talked about the backlash Target is facing based on its in-store Restroom policy.
Target has said “We believe that everyone—every team member, every guest, and every community—deserves to be protected from discrimination, and treated equally. Consistent with this belief, Target supports the federal Equality Act, which provides protections to LGBT individuals, and opposes action that enables discrimination.” You can read their whole statement here.
The American Family Association, a conservative Christian advocacy group, calls for a boycott of Target stores, because of this policy. There thinking is, Target’s policy is exactly how sexual predators get access to their victims. You can read their statement here.
So here are a couple of thoughts, actually 10 of them.
1. Target’s restroom policy has been in place for years, they just reiterated it to team members. It’s in the first line of the statement.
2, You’ll notice how silent Walmart is on this subject, but I bet their restroom policy is pretty close. Remember, Walmart’s CEO Doug McMillon was among a group of CEOs who last year opposed the so-called religious freedom laws that allow faith-based groups to deny services or jobs based on sexual orientation in Arkansas.
3. Why only boycott Target? Wal-Mart has a strong commitment to diversity among their associates and against discrimination everywhere. You can find their Complete Statement here, from when Same-Sex Marriage was the hot topic.
4. Target’s policy does not say men can use the women’s room or that women can use the men’s room
5. Sexual predators have not been sitting around waiting for Target’s restroom policy was. See #1.
6. Sexual predators are typically men, and all the focus has been on women and girls being sexually assaulted, what about the boys in the men’s room with the typical sexual predator, a male. Examples One, Two and Three (How ironic that the predator in example one is commenting on predator in example three)
7. A Transgender person and a sexual predator are not interchangeable – there are no common traits.
8. There is no record of anyone be assaulted in a restroom by someone Transgender.
9. If you’ve used a public restroom in the last 30 years, chances are you’ve used one with a Transgender individual and by the way, you didn’t know it and you were not assaulted!
10. Finally, How often are these people actually going into the restroom at Target? Are they holding it until your get to Target? Most of these people probably haven’t even been in a Target restroom. I don’t know anyone who gets excited about using public restrooms, I’ve shopped at Target for years and I can count on one had how many times I’ve used the restrooms.
What’s your thought on policing bathrooms?